General Submissions is now CLOSED.
Thank you for your interest in Centrinian Publishing Ltd. We are always happy to read materials from potential new clients. We do accept unsolicited submissions. A literary agent is not required for submission. However, given the volume of manuscripts we receive, we are not able to personally respond to unsolicited submissions unless we are interested in pursuing the project.
Centrinian represent books for children and young adults. We don’t represent non-fiction writers.
Our reviewing process is a long and lengthy one, and it will help us speed up the process if you follow our guidelines. Please, read the guidelines carefully before submitting your manuscript. Adherence to these guidelines will ensure that your manuscript is reviewed by our acquisitions team.
- We only publish a limited number of books per year.
- We accept unsolicited manuscripts. We have a small editorial staff, and we respond to submissions as quickly as we can. We cannot take phone calls or respond to emails inquiring about the status of a submission.
- All material must be new and previously unpublished.
- Manuscripts should be between 30,000 and 120,000 words.
- If we have denied your work, please wait six months before resubmitting.
- Centrinian is a royalty-paying publisher. There are no fees associated with editing or publishing of any kind. All material published is under contract and any rights sold to Centrinian will revert to the author at the end of the contract period. All material submitted and published remains the property of the author.
- Centrinian publishes books in print, eBook and audio books.
- We are committed to accepting and putting out only quality work.
- Action / Adventure
- Suspense / Thriller / Crime
- Fantasy / Sci-Fi
- Romance (Primarily Contemporary and Paranormal but will consider others)
- Historical Fiction
We will consider graphic novels.
We do not accept:
- Non-fiction, poetry, short stories or screenplays
- Unfinished manuscripts (except by referral only)
- Technical writing
- Biographies (with the exception of sometimes creative or inspirational)
- Anything expressing extremist racial, religious, or political views for the sake of promoting, justifying, or glorifying those ideologies
- Anything with unorthodox sexual behavior (such as bestiality or necrophilia in explicit descriptions)
- Anything violent, abusive, or sexually abusive to children
- Libelous, dangerous, or illegal
EMAIL QUERIES ONLY! If interested, we will ask for further material. DO NOT send attachments unless requested. Emails sent with attachments will be deleted.
We do not accept submissions via snail mail. Any submissions sent this way will not be responded to.
Your submission must include the following:
- Subject Line: Query – Book Title / Name of Author / Book Genre
- A concise query letter, including your email address, telephone number, and any relevant information about yourself (previous publications, etc.)
- Please indicate if this is an exclusive or non-exclusive submission. We prefer exclusive submissions for at least 1 month, but it is not a requirement for submission.
- 1-2 page synopsis.
- First three chapters (industry standard formatting).
You may link us to your online portfolio by email to email@example.com. Subject Line: “ATTN – Art Directors”.
- We cannot be held responsible for any manuscripts entrusted to us. Always keep a backup of your work.
- We do not charge a reading fee.
- We endeavour to respond to queries and submissions promptly, but please remember that we receive a large number of submissions and so it may be a number of weeks before you hear from us.
Please do not call or email us until 12 weeks have elapsed.
An automated email will be sent to you acknowledging receipt of your submission. If you don’t receive the automated response it either means that your email has not arrived and you should send it again or you need to check your spam folder.
Due to the large volume of submissions we receive we cannot provide feedback or enter into correspondence about your submission.